Receive updates on our range of cultural tours and music festivals via email:
MARTIN RANDALL TRAVEL LTD
Barley Mow Passage
London W4 4GF
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8742 3355
Canada: (647) 382 1644
Australia: 1300 55 95 95
New Zealand: 0800 877 622
By a region’s literature and architecture you understand its history; by its art and music you understand its self-image. It is by its food, though, that you understand its true, unchanging character. The most communal of the arts, gastronomy is both visual and physical, scholarly and emotional. And to visit these farms, vineyards and (of course) restaurants in the company of an expert is an even greater delight for the intellectual palate. All our small-group tours are led by expert lecturers, chosen for their companionability and communication skills as well as their scholarship.
- Discover the colourful street markets of Palermo; visit authentic salt flats near Trapani and historic cellars in Marsala.
- Learn about making wine, olive oil and artisan foods from the craftsmen and women who carry on these age-old traditions.
- A full spectrum of culinary experiences, from street food in Palermo to dinner in a private palazzo.
29 Sep–5 Oct 2014
- One of the most celebrated gastronomic regions in Italy, centre of the ‘Slow Food’ revolution.
- Wine and food production studied at source, including visits to Alba, white truffle capital of the world, and a number of Barolo wineries.
- Superb restaurants, from simple trattorias to the Michelin starred.
11–17 Oct 2014
- Long, lazy lunches including two in restaurants with 3 Michelin stars.
- Excellent wines of La Rioja-Alavesa.
- Architecture by Gehry, Calatrava, Moneo, and varied landscapes of coast, plain and mountain.
13–20 Oct 2014