Receive updates on our range of cultural tours and music festivals via email:
MARTIN RANDALL TRAVEL LTD
Barley Mow Passage
London W4 4GF
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8742 3355
Canada: (647) 382 1644
Australia: 1300 55 95 95
New Zealand: 0800 877 622
Martin Randall Travel's music festivals feature world-class performers in the finest and most appropriate venues. These festivals are organised and operated solely by MRT and are exclusive to MRT clients. Although numbers are much larger than on small-group tours—from 150 to 300 people—the principles of care, detail and intimacy, far from being diluted, are simply applied on a grander scale.
MRT also operates small-group music tours, providing top-category tickets to public concerts, either pre-existing festivals or a seasonal opera programme. View small-group music tours.
- Nine private Lieder recitals and a piano recital, all taking place in historic palaces, concert halls and country houses in the Rhine Valley.
- The line-up includes: Ian Bostridge (tenor), Imogen Cooper (piano), Julius Drake (piano), Stephan Loges (baritone), Clara Mouriz (mezzo-soprano), Renata Pokupić (mezzo-soprano), Christoph Prégardien (tenor), Markus Schäfer (tenor), Andreas Scholl (counter-tenor), Birgit Steinberger (soprano), Roger Vignoles (piano), Elizabeth Watts (soprano) and Roderick Williams (baritone).
- Richard Stokes, leading expert on German song, will give daily talks on the music on-board the ship.
29 May–5 Jun 2014
- Six concerts of music by Monteverdi, Vivaldi and others who worked in north-east Italy from the sixteenth to the eighteenth centuries.
- Beautiful historic buildings designed by Andrea Palladio or his followers – four villas, a church and a theatre.
- The performers – from Italy, Britain and Germany – are among the world’s finest exponents of this repertoire. They include Adrian Chandler, Claudio Cavina, Robert Hollingworth, Andreas Scholl, La Venexiana, I Fagiolini, La Serenissima, Sonatori de la Gioiosa Marca.
23–28 Jun 2014
- Eight concerts in palaces, theatres, churches and manor houses which are all related in some way to the music.
- Two Beethoven premières: a promenade concert of the Eroica in the Lobkowitz Palais, Vienna and a performance in Great Hall of the Academy of Sciences, Vienna.
- Accommodation on a first-class river cruiser, MS Amadeus Brilliant, one of the more comfortable cruisers on the waterways of Europe.
21–28 Aug 2014