We are recruiting for a bright and personable Management Accountant to join our Finance team of six. We are looking for someone who can take responsibility for the daily and monthly processes to ensure we maintain a high level of financial control. We need someone who is organised, with strong time management skills and who is able to communicate with all non-Finance teams. Our ideal candidate would be CIMA or ACCA qualified with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
– Supervise a team of three. Ensure the daily tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner and have responsibility for the allocation of their workload
– Review the monthly management accounts. Prepare a summary dashboard for Senior Management with commentary on any variances to budget
– Daily authorisation of payments on our online banking system for all cost of sales and overhead invoices
– Review cashflow for all group companies in all currencies and prepare suggestions for cash management and foreign exchange purchases
– Responsibility for the management accounts for our separate branch company
– Liaise and support the Management Accountant at our subsidiary company
– Review and submit the quarterly VAT returns for Travel and Transport entities
– Calculate the year end TOMS VAT liability with our external consultant
– Manage the full audit process from planning to completion meeting and sign off
– Manage the finalisation of our financial statements and corporation tax returns
– Assist the CFO in the production of the annual budget
– Assist the CFO with the monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reforecasts
– Assist the CFO with analysis for the Five Year Plan and prepare quarterly reports for the external Board meetings
– Responsibility for our compliance with ATOL and ABTA including the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
– Review the company’s ten insurance policies and support with the renewals
– Main point of contact for our banks, merchant service providers and some suppliers
– Excellent spoken and written English
– Highest level of attention to detail when working under pressure
– Experience of supervising and/or Line Managing a small team
– Qualifications: CIMA or ACCA qualified with strong A-level and GCSE grades. A degree preferred but not essential.
– Proficient in Microsoft packages – especially Excel to intermediate/advanced level.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line as ‘Management Accountant’. Closing date: Thursday, 28th February.