last updated on 21/12/22
Subscribers have until 5th July 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. New Kingdom Egypt and its International Networks (24th April 2023)
2. Mesopotamia and Anatolia: Merchants and Materials of Exchange (26th April 2023)
3. Pre-recorded. Assyrianization (1st May 2023)
4. Between Mesopotamia and the Zagros: Urartu, Media and Elam (3rd May 2023)
5. Pre-recorded. Early Greece and the Near East: Orientalization (8th May 2023)
6. Between Persia and India (10th May 2023)
Subscribers have until 4th July 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. The Literature of Britain’s Railways (11th April 2023)
2. John Betjeman, Metroland and Railway Romance (18th April 2023)
3. Pre-recorded. The British and the European Sleeper Train (25th April 2023)
4. Seats of London: Moquette on London Tube and Bus Seats (2nd May 2023)
5. Preserved Railways (9th May 2023)
Subscribers have until 15th June 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. Gravity: The Newtonian Empire (23rd March 2023)
2. Electricity: Revolutionary Sparks (30th March 2023)
3. Steam: The Lunar Society of Birmingham (6th April 2023)
4. Empire: Exploration or Exploitation? (13th April 2023)
5. Life: Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (20th April 2023)
Subscribers have until 30th May 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. Where has China come from? (7th March 2023)
2. How Does the Communist Party Work? (14th March 2023)
3. China's global role (21st March 2023)
4. Society: How have modern lives changed? (28th March 2023)
5. China's challenges– looking ahead (4th April 2023)
Subscribers have until 11th May 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. The Saxon conquers London: 1711-1719 (23rd February 2023)
2. The Royal Academy Years, 1719-1729 (2nd March 2023)
3. A Decade of Uncertainty: the 1730s (9th March 2023)
4. The Triumph of Oratorio: the 1740s (16th March 2023)
Subscribers have until 25th April 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. The Invention of the “Renaissance” (24th January 2023)
2. The Christian Sources of the Renaissance (31st January 2023)
3. The Return of the Pagan Gods (7th February 2023)
4. Humanism and the Visual Arts (14th February 2023)
5. The Rise in Status of the Artist (21st February 2023)
6. Pre-recorded. The End of the Renaissance? (28th February 2023)
Subscribers have until 12th April 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. Un ballo in maschera in Stockholm (19th January 2023)
2. The Queen of Spades in St Petersburg (26th January 2023)
3. Death in Venice in Venice (2nd February 2023)
4. The Rake’s Progress in London (9th February 2023)
5. Rigoletto in Mantua (16th February 2023)
Subscribers have until 14th March 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. The Invention of the Romanesque Capital at Saint-Benoît-sur-Loire (6th December 2022)
2. Arches and Facades: The case of Notre-Dame-la-Grande in Poitiers (13th December 2022)
3. Audience: Santiago de Compostela and the fortunes of a Pilgrimage Church (20th December 2022)
4. Sant’Angelo in Formis and Romanesque wall painting (3rd January 2023)
5. Speyer Cathedral: Architecture for a Holy Roman Emperor (10th January 2023)
6. Glastonbury Abbey: Architecture as Legend (17th January 2023)
Subscribers have until 9th February 2023 to watch all episodes.
1. From caveman to democrat: Greeks and their predecessors, 7000-500 BC (17th November 2022)
2. The Classical Age (490-323 BC), its highs and lows (24th November 2022)
3. A superspreader: ancient Greek culture goes inter-continental (323-30 BC) (1st December 2022)
4. "Graeco-Romans" and six centuries of the imperium Romanum (30 BC-AD 565) (8th December 2022)
5. Byzantium, Baghdad and beyond: how we rediscovered the ancients (AD 565-2022) (15th December 2022)
An electronic invoice will be sent to your e-mail address 1–3 working days after you have completed our registration form. Payment can be made online using AMEX, Apple Pay, Google Pay, MasterCard or Visa.
Please contact us specifying how many subscriptions you would like and who they are for (we require their full name and e-mail address). We will invoice you directly, and after we have received your payment we will release the webinar joining instructions to your friend(s) or family member(s).
No, unfortunately not. The series must be purchased in full.
An e-mail confirmation will be sent to you after you have paid for your subscription, which includes your unique link for joining the webinar. Reminder e-mails will be sent to you one day and one hour before each event. We recommend that you download the Zoom software in advance of the first webinar.
Only one device can be connected to the live broadcast(s) at any one time. If you wish to purchase a second subscription, please contact us.
A recording will be uploaded to a dedicated webpage approximately two hours after the live broadcast. For copyright reasons, these recordings cannot be made available indefinitely; access is granted for eight weeks after the final live broadcast of the series.
Sign up to our e-newsletter