Martin Randall Travel is one of the most innovative travel companies in the world. We are looking for a German and/or Italian speaker to join our Operations team working on the many and varied tours and early music festivals we organise. This is a stimulating and varied role and would suit someone with an interest in the arts, who is client-focused, happy with hybrid working, prepared for some overseas travel.
– Booking hotels, transport (flights, trains, coaches), restaurants, visits.
– Collaborating with suppliers (ground handlers, museums, box offices, local guides, private homes, gardens, archaeological sites, churches, wine producers).
– Briefing the tour leaders; compiling their documents; giving feedback.
– Answering the phone to clients, helping with their queries, checking availability, taking bookings.
– On our music festivals: contracting artists, sourcing venues, chartering ships, dealing with lighting technicians and caterers.
– Costing tours; keeping to budget.
– Updating our database; working with our website.
– Keeping reading lists, background information, and online resources up-to-date.
– Proofing client documents, brochure text and website content.
– Attending client events and tour managing; travelling to prospect hotels and attend trade fairs.
– Excellent spoken and written English (mother tongue standard).
– Fluency in German and/or Italian, and preferably one of Spanish or French.
– Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with one year’s office experience.
– Efficient and flexible with proven ability to work to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
– Knowledge of and genuine interest in the arts (classical music, art, architecture, archaeology).
Location: Chiswick, London, with some remote working.
Salary: £25,000 per annum plus benefits.
Start date: June/July 2022.
To apply, e-mail your covering letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject as 'Operations Assistant'.
Closing date: 6th June 2022.