This stimulating, administrative Operations Assistant role, is largely concerned with helping to ensure that all the component parts of our tours and Martin Randall Festivals in over 50 countries worldwide are in place:
– Booking hotels, transport (flights, trains, coaches), restaurants, visits.
– Collaborating with suppliers (ground handlers, museums, box offices, local guides, private homes, gardens, archaeological sites, churches, wine producers).
– Answering the phone.
– Briefing the tour leaders; compiling their documents; giving feedback.
– On Martin Randall Festivals: contracting artists, sourcing venues, chartering ships, dealing with lighting technicians and caterers.
– Costing tours; keeping to budget.
– Keeping reading lists, background information, reference material up-to-date.
– Proofing brochure text and website content.
– Travelling on company business: prospecting hotels, attending trade fairs, tour managing.
The role is also client-facing:
– Giving advice on different holidays, checking availability, taking bookings, switch-selling.
– Updating the database and working with the website.
– Proofing client documents.
– Attending client events.
– Excellent spoken and written English (mother-tongue standard).
– Fluency in a European language to include Italian and ideally French.
– Humanities undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and preferably one year’s work experience.
– Knowledge of and genuine interest in the arts (classical music, art, architecture, archaeology).
– Efficient and flexible with proven ability to work to deadlines and pay attention to detail.
– A valid driving licence is desirable.
Salary: c. £24,000 per annum plus benefits including travel insurance, museum membership and pension scheme.
Start date: July 2019.
To apply, e-mail your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as Operations Assistant.
Closing date: 19 July 2019.